Place: University of Birmingham (UK)
The Spatial Ecology & Conservation conference is organised by ERT Conservation as a second one of a series of international events to discuss development in spatial ecology and conservation. The conference will take place between 17 - 20 June 2014 with a host University of Birmingham (UK).
The first international conference on Spatial Ecology & Conservation (SEC1) took place in 2011. Over 200 scientists and conservation practitioners from around the world came to discuss and evaluate the latest advances in spatial ecology and associated technologies, and how these could best be deployed to underpin conservation (see the SEC1 proceedings).
Now Spatial Ecology & Conservation (SEC2) is also approaching with the following conference themes identified:
1) Realising the full potential of remotely sensed data for conservation
2) Understanding speciesí distributions
3) Training and professional development
4) Advances in mapping and analysing terrestrial and marine systems
5) Decision support tools for conservation
6) Selecting and designating Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)
For more information and to register, please visit the conference webpage at: http://www.ert-conservation.co.uk/sec2.php